So, you want to differentiate yourself from your competition.
Sometimes, it’s tempting to imagine that to stand out from the crowd will take an extraordinary achievement that makes people sit back and say, “Wow!”
But I’m not sure that it’s quite that dramatic. In fact, in a culture of short attention spans, unreliability and a lack of resilience there are a few simple things you can do that will help you stand head and shoulders above the rest.
- Turn up… every day,
- Do what you say you’ll do,
- Care about the quality of your work,
- Take an interest in others,
- Keep reading and learning,
- Don’t take short cuts,
- Be an encourager,
- Talk about solutions, not problems,
- Be consistent,
- Smile and stay positive, even on the worst of days.
Don’t be deceived by their simplicity. I suspect that if you did each of these things every day without exception, it won’t take long before you stand out from the crowd.
What would you add to the list?