I was born on this day 43 years ago (feel free to sing).
And the day will come when I’m no longer here (hopefully after a few more birthdays).
One day there will be a tombstone with my name on it and two dates. The day I was born and the day I died, with a small dash in between.
The day I was born is nice to celebrate, the day I die I could do without, but it’s really the dash that matters.
In that dash, I hope that I am able to:
- Be a great husband and father.
- Maximise my potential.
- Not settle for comfort, but keep taking risks and live an adventurous life.
- Encourage others to follow their dreams and live their best lives.
- Smile more than I frown and give others a reason to do the same.
- Make a positive difference in the world and leave a lasting legacy.
- Live a life that glorifies my Creator.
I’m not there yet, but hopefully I’m making progress.
What are you going to do with your dash?
Previous post – Beyond Special – A Story For My Son
Next post – Fake Falcons and Your Fears